COMPETITION CALL FOR THE AIFF 2019
Ariano International Film Festival is conceived and organized by Rai.Co. APS based in Ariano Irpino (AV).
2. OBJECTIVES AND PURPOSES
The festival aims to identify, promote and enhance the different expressions of cinematographic art, in a perspective that favors the search for innovative stylistic modalities and the positive competitiveness between different peoples and cultures, as specified below:
- Projections of cinematographic works aimed at entertainment, scientific dissemination and enhancement of the animated film;
- Opportunities for the meeting and the comparison, for a plural growth shared among the various operators in the film industry.
The 7th Edition of the Ariano International Film Festival will be held from 29th July to 4th August 2019. The Festival includes reviews and awards to prominent artistic proponents, social and cultural development, as a contribution to a better knowledge of the history of Italian and International cinema. The awards ceremony will take place during the Festival.
3. FESTIVAL SECTIONS
International competition for feature films, documentaries, short films, short films for schools and animations with a free theme.
Please note: the works that compete for the "WORLD" section cannot participate at the same time as the "GREEN" section.
International competition aimed exclusively at documentaries with an environmental theme. The competing works will have to face this theme, enhancing the different and manifold socio-cultural implications: the cinema on the environment intended as a means of both denunciation and reflection.
Please note: The documentaries that compete for the "GREEN" section cannot participate at the same time as the "WORLD" section.
Screening of feature films, documentaries, short films and animations, not included among the finalist works, but considered equally worthy of being mentioned by the jury.
4. CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
- The feature films must have a minimum of 60' (sixty minutes).
- The short films must have a maximum duration of 30' (thirty minutes).
- No time limits foresees, as well, for animations and documentaries.
- The works in foreign languages (different from English) must be subtitled in English or in Italian.
Works in a foreign language (with the exception of English) must be subtitled in English or Italian.
5. AWARDS AND JURY
The submitted works will be reviewed by a panel of film and television industry experts, which will in its sole discretion, during the closing ceremony, assign the following prizes to winners, no ex-aequo foreseen:
- AIFF AWARD for the best work feature films section, including a cash prize;
- AIFF AWARD for the best work documentaries section, including a cash prize;
- AIFF AWARD for the best work short films section, including a cash prize;
- AIFF AWARD for the best work animation section, including a cash prize;
- AIFF AWARD for the best work in school short films section, including a cash prize;
- Press Award for the best work, a feature film category, awarded by a jury of expert journalists;
- Audience Award to one of the works presented for one of the five categories listed above, decreed by a popular jury, composed by the public present at the Festival;
- Special mention to one or more works presented among the five categories listed above.
The works received will be examined by a jury composed by representatives appointed by the FAI (Italian Environment Fund) and the WWF, which will confer at its sole discretion, during the closing ceremony, the following prize to the first classified, without ex-aequo:
- Award for the best "GREEN" documentary, together with a cash sum.
6. REGISTRATION MODE
The Competition is free. To participate, the applicants have to create an account in the website http://arianofilmfestival.com/creaAccount Once registered they have to login in the ’Reserved Area’ then press button [add a new film] and fill in the application form. The form can be modified until it will be submitted. After submission, participants will receive an email with their registration details and the identification code (ID) of their work.
7. SHIPPING OF MOVIES AND RELATED MATERIALS
WORKS CAN ONLY BE SUBMITTED ON-LINE IN THE RESERVED AREA:
- Option “Load your work on our website” (Please note: the file to be uploaded, MP4, MKV or AVI, shall not exceed 500 MB)
- Option "report a link on which your work is already loaded" (Please note: the streaming link must be of the type Vimeo, YouTube, etc. and must allow the download of the file of any format and size, name and password for viewing the work, the link must remain active until June 15th).
Works have to be uploaded within the March 30th, 2019. After that date, the “Film Contest” section cannot be available, so it could be impossible to participate. Works made before January 1st, 2017 will not be accepted. All related film products (such as poster, movie screenshots, director photos, trailer, press-book and write dialogs) shall be sent exclusively on-line, by uploading files in the reserved area. Finalists only will receive an email from the organization and they will have to upload the high resolution format.
8. GENERAL PROVISIONS
Incomplete registration forms will be examined by the judges which will decide whether to accept them or not. Each participant can submit more than one work with separate registration forms. Within the submitted movies, those selected will be shown during the Festival and they will become part of the Ariano International Film Festival archive. All movies either selected or not will not be given back to the authors. The AIFF Organization is not liable for possible delays in mail delivery, damages or loss of DVDs. Finalists will be notified by phone or email from the festival Organization. Applying for this competition implies unconditionally acceptance of these rules. These rules are written in Italian as in English. The Italian version will prevail in case of dispute, due to interpretation disagreement. Festival final schedule and works admissions to the competitions will be available, at the end of the selection procedures, on the web site www.arianofilmfestival.com .